Monday, October 10, 2005

blogging

I want to get back into blogging again. I say I want to, but everytime I think about sitting down and doing it I'm struck by a disabling sense of apathy. I usually have a list of things in my head that I'd like to blog about but often leave it until it's too late and the stuff seems irrelevant. I think part of the problem is I've lost sight of why I'm blogging. It was easy when I knew no-one read the blog, I'd just write about my day like -I'm going in the back garden now to eat my breakfast and read a book- but now I'm aware that people (ok, only a handful of people) read it, I think I feel the pressure to be interesting or funny or current in some way. This is why for ages I avoided trying to find out who read the blog, because I didn't want to become obsessed with statistics of who reads or subscribes to my blog. Don't get me wrong, I love it when people leave comments and enjoy the interaction that sometimes follows but I don't want to write with particular people in mind. I think from now on, I'll pretend that noone reads the blog and just write any old drivel as and when I feel like it. Which begs the question, why have a public blog, why not just keep a private journal? Good question. I think it's because I'm generally rubbish at journaling, and this blog is about as close as I get to keeping a record of my life. At least there is some insentive when friends give me a nudge and say why aren't you blogging? Anyhoo, I'm off to watch telly now.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I like thy blogs. And thou hast much wit with which to offer unto the masses. And thou knowest what the expression "QED" means.

And I like to know what you like, dislike, and are amused by. Please keep up the blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I find this blog very interesting and I will come back often.
In the meantime I can recommend decoration table centerpiece and wedding
This is a directory of all You need to find out about decoration table centerpiece and wedding.
So please, don´t miss this opportunity to find out all You need to know in one place.
decoration table centerpiece and wedding

Jon said...

Thanks Michael. You are too kind. And anonymous, er.. what can I say? Thanks for the tip. May I recommend one of my personal favourite websites? If there's a better plastic dog website around I'm darned if I know about it.