Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lesslie Newbigin

I have begun reading Distinctly Welcoming by Richard Sudworth, It is an excellent read and chapter 2 'Give me back my mission' reminds me very much of the work of Lesslie Newbigin, who I'm sure must have been influential in Sudworth's thinking.

I am more and more convinced of the importance of Newbigin for mission in our country and I'm glad that people are making his thought more accessible. I know he has been a key influence on Brian Mclaren and others in the emerging church, but people may not realise that Tom Wright acknowledges his debt to him.


Here is Tom Wright on Leslie Newbigin from a conference I went to in Birmingham in 2006: (mp3)




I thought over the next couple of posts I'd mine a few quotes from 'The Gospel in a Pluralist Society' which have helped me in my thinking on salvation and other faiths.

No comments: