Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year - New Diary

An entry I wrote in my diary just after new year -

Well, it's the end of one year and the start of a new one. A time for reflection and for looking forward and time to start a new diary. I thought I'd go for one of these fancy moleskin ones (I must be becoming a vicar by osmosis, because looking around at college, everyone seems to have one of these now), with the idea being that I might actually use it. I have been so disorganised this year at college, which I put down to 'death by paper.' In the end I began to just ignore the many and various bits of paper that arrived in my pigeon hole, and hence I missed a few appointments. This year, as well as the diary I have a triple back up system - iCal, google calendars, and the calendar on my phone (oh, and on my iPod as well) all synced and with various alarm systems, so I've got no excuses.

In 2008 I began running, which I love. I've lost about a stone and I feel a lot better for it. I decided to pursue a PhD, rather than get ordained in 2009 and start a curacy. This both excites me and fills me with dread, although not as much dread as being a vicar. This year at college, I have felt a bit less full of self doubt, although this does go up and down. Towards Christmas I felt a bit out of things (e.g. college green, pastoral group etc) simply because we had so many weekends away. This year we should be around more, not least because our second baby is due on March 25th! Looking forward to this obviously but a bit nervous about fitting in all the work I will have to do, including all the application forms for funding. Should definitely be an exciting year though!

No comments: