Tuesday, May 27, 2003

OK, what have I been up to for the last few days? Well towards the end of last week I was getting a bit anxious. I think it was mainly 'cos of these essays I have to do. It's crazy, I've been given this opportunity to study what I'm most interested in, and yet I still moan about the work I have to do. I guess at the bottom of it all is the fact that I'm just plain lazy. I think I inherited it. It seems a bit unfair. I mean, people get all kinds of special treatment for various problems, dyslexia, short sightedness, work related stress, but us lazy people are made to feel guilty. I didn't ask to be lazy, I was born that way. It is only through tremendous self-sacrifice and perseverence in the face of adversity that I am able to get up in the morning and function on a semi-normal level. what? ok, enough whinging


Friday evening we had our worship and prayer evening. There was only a select few of us but it was a good time of really meeting with God. We used the Lord's prayer for a structure and we had one of the best prayer times I can remember for ages. Jesus knew what He was talking about.


Saturday, I played football in Birmingham with our college team against South Birmingham Evangelical church. It was probably the best game we've played, but we got killed (7-3). I really enjoyed it though, scored a couple of goals. I love the way when you're playing football you can just switch off for 90 minutes and nothing else matters except the game. Relaxing in a knackering kind of way.


Our Sunday morning gathering at Moods was nice. Got to pray with a guy who wandered in off the street which kind of makes it all worthwhile.
Rachel came over on Sunday afternoon and yesterday we went for a day's walking in the Peak District which was great once we got away from the bank holiday traffic. So it was a great long weekend all in all, but now I REALLY need to knuckle down to some work.

No comments: