Sunday, February 20, 2005

Lent Day 12

Just got back from a weekend at Su's dad's place. Definitely not a weekend of fasting. In fact quite the opposite. Janet is a great cook and always sees it as a challenge to give me more food than I can eat. This is a challenge which I rise to, and then usually regret afterwards :
Jon: I'll never eat all that! (pointing to a huge portion of banoffee pie)
Janet and family : Go on, you're not going to be beaten by a bit of pie are you?
Jon: Oh, alright then
Janet: good lad
Jon:I feel ill.
It's now 11:40 at night and I'm still full from dinner. (2 platefuls of shepherd's pie, one huge portion of banoffee pie, 2 pints of lager)
Su pointed out to me that I don't have to eat everything that is put in front of me. This is a strange concept that I've never really considered before and may have to give some thought to in the future.
Oh my goodness, I'm blogging about what I had for dinner, things are getting desperate. Still, back to college tomorrow, maybe that will give me some food for thought. (no pun intended)

No comments: