Sunday, March 13, 2005

Stan Grenz

Theologian Stan Grenz has passed away following a brain haemorrhage. A ton of people have blogged this already. e.g. Jason Clarke, but I thought I'd chip in a little tribute too. Before I started my theology degree, I read Who needs theology? which he co-authored. This book made me realise how exciting, relevant and vital the study of theology can be, far from the dry and dusty subject that many believe it to be.
A lot of people have written about postmodernism. Much of this writing is confusing, ill-informed or reactionary. Stan's primer on postmodernism is none of these, and is probably the best introduction to the subject I have read. I know Stan was a much loved and highly influencial figure and will be sorely missed. Brian McLaren gives a eulogy here.

No comments: